Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How stable is Magento? 

nuovecode

Total Posts:  35
Milano

I started using Magento six months ago, (I had some experience in other CMS before), and I worked on a single multi-store.

Magento is the best platform I ever used for expandability and flexibility , but there are a lot of problems:

Products/categories did not disappear when turned off, attributes not saved (maybe enough to delete and redo the attribute and everything was fine), errors on the calculation of VAT, rules that I had to deleted manually from db otherwise continued to have effect ...

My question is: Magento give these trouble to everyone, or in a more suitable space I would find more stable?

Thank you (and sorry for my english)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Magician

Total Posts:  98

I can say that Magento is very much stable platform for any e-commerce web app. I would suggest you to configure or use Magento correctly to get superb web app.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nuovecode

Milano

Sure! but at the first it can be very hard smile

For exemple, can you tell me the minimum requirement that my server must have to work fine?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Magician

Total Posts:  98

This article will guide you to setup your server for Magento. http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

nuovecode

Milano

thanks!  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community