Magento Forum

Help! Admin Broken - all links go to homepage

ruff

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I’m trying to access my admin dashboard and I’m able to log in… however everytime I click a link - any link… manage categories, manage products, etc, the page goes directly to the external homepage.  I can’t do anything inside the admin area - all of the links point to the homepage.  Any idea?  Once the homepage loads, I have to log back in to get back to the dashboard… then it happens again. 

I’m using magento version 1.2.1 (this is the version i downloaded and installed for the first time, no upgrade).

I’m using another computer other than the one I originally installed Magento on, could that be it?  It is a PC… (originally installed it on a mac) I’ve tried firefox and IE and neither of them work, they both have the same issue (link directed to homepage)… I’ve cleared my cache and tried again and nothing works.

Please help!  I really don’t want to re-install again, I’ve already had to start over 3 times because of magento errors!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jedimastafez

Total Posts:  45
Bucklands Beach

I am having the same problem on one of my clients accounts but our administration account is fine.  To correct the problem I simply save their account and it works ok until the next time (which seems to be everytime they log out or their session times out).

Im still trying to work out why this is happening.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KeenComputer

Total Posts:  6
Winnipeg, Canada

You may find this Partially Useful.
http://www.ias-research.com/blog/?q=node/100

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community