Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding a custom field to the registration

big b

Total Posts:  13

Hi all!

First let me thank Magento for making such a wonderful open-source program. My hats off to you indeed.

Now, onto my question. I recently added the field “messenger” the registration. I created a field in the database for it called messenger too. I see that its on the registration and also in the account options for users, but it will not save anything to the database… I used one of the articles on here to add it, so I’m not quite sure where it could’ve messed up. It has to be in the POST process or else the messenger field wouldn’t even show up right? Just a little confused and wondering where to look. Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can take time to help me, I REALLY appreciate it smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community