Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Big problem with checkout! 

lepel

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

Currently i’m developing a shop under 1.7.0.2. We’re about to go live.
When testing the final issues we discovered a HUGE problem:

Customers can add products to their cart.
They are able to go to the checkout page (standard Magento OP checkout).
Untill step 5; “Checking order” everything seems to work fine.

The problem starts when customers are trying to place the actual order. The place order button is there and clickable. But when clicking this button nothing happens so the order won’t be completed.

Really need help on this!!! So all help is appreciated!!

Thanks Lars

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bharath c

Total Posts:  23
Chennai

Hi,

can u post your site URl to check ? or otherwise u can debug with firebug tool. Because it must be due to any JS error or CSS error(Z-index problem...i.e any block html overlay on place order button)....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon_66

I’m having the same problem but only with downloadable products - If the cart contains Physical and downloadable products everything works perfectly BUT if the shopping cart only contains downloadable products the Place Order button says that it’s submitting the order information and then nothing

see - http://www.autotechnique.com/index.php/technical-information/books-cds/test7.html

The site went live before we realised that we would be using downloadable products

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lepel

Still haven’t found a solution.

Tested it with simple, configurable, download and bundle products but its all the same.
The problem is still there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

Hi!

Do you have any error reports or logs? 

Without testing, I would suggest contacting your hosting company to see if they can provide any information about what might be happening on the server.  From experience, when things don’t react (saving products, submitting orders, etc...) it’s a server setting like MOD_SECURITY or the like.

Hope you get it working!

Anthony
Redstage

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon_66

Thanks for you reply

I don’t think it’s the hosting that’s causing the problem, I uploaded a clean version of Magento to the same server and added 1 downloadable product - all worked perfectly

The bizarre thing is that it’s only downloadable products by themselves - if you check out with a downloadable and any other product it all works perfectly

Magento Community
Magento Community

lepel

Strange as it seems.. I’ve copied the store to another server and it works ok there!
But i’m still not satisfied so the search continues!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon_66

Ok - my problem has been resolved - I was using a module called “Bizelo IP” which allows for multiple inventory locations - once disabled everything works perfectly

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community