Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Information Please

tylerflint

Total Posts:  3

Yes, I admit it I am new to magento. Ok, well that being said I would also like to say that I have spend the last 2 days trying to figure this thing out. It seems like a great tool for ecommerce. I am somewhat familiar with the Zend Framework, however, the magenta model is a complete varient. I have figured out the directory structure, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out all of the config.xml s and what needs to go where. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with how those work, and also, I want to create my own templates and themes. I have followed all of the tutorials and found them lacking. Is there anyone who could explain how the layouts<->blocks<->templates work together?

Also, are there any plans for some formal documentation? I understand this project is still in Beta, so I remain patient and in complete awe at the complexity of this framework.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community