Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

more than 3

webrod

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

is it possible to have more than 3 entries for the type of shipping?
I need 4 different types of shipping, and it looks like there are only 3.

thanks,
Rod

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

owebia
Mentor

Total Posts:  1227
France, Morteau

Hi,

It’s not possible but you can add multiple deliverers in only one shipping mode.

A.L.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webrod

Total Posts:  31

too bad :-(

I know I can do that, but it does not work well with different shipping companies.
It works well for the checkout process.

But If you share one entry with LaPoste and Chronopost for instance, there are modules that will see both of them as \"one\" type of shipping.
For instance the embedded ERP, you can configure template to import/export orders in third party software like IExpeditor.
You can configure the template per type of shipping, so you have to choose between one of the 3 proposed by owebia.
If I have 2 types of shipping per entry, so 6 type of shipping, I cannot select a different template for the 6th, only for the 3th.
But LaPoste and Chronopot do require a different template…

I hope my explanations are clear enough :-)

If I remember correctly there were also issues with the tracking number, I have to enter the url in the general field, if I wanted to see it by default in some screens linked to the order.
When I used one owebia attribute for the tracking url, then it was not working in those screens.

Anyway, I just hope in a future version you can do that, adding one or 2 more. Should not be an issue for you.

Thanks,
Rod

Magento Community
Magento Community

owebia
Mentor

France, Morteau

Due to the way Magento manages Shipping Modes, it’s difficult to programmatically add a Shipping Mode but you can do this by modifying some configuration files :

Duplicate <owebiashipping3> config content in app/code/community/Owebia/Shipping2/etc/config.xml and in app/code/community/Owebia/Shipping2/etc/system.xml
You also need to create app/code/community/Owebia/Shipping2/Model/Carrier/OwebiaShipping4.php

I think I have not forgotten anything.

Regards,

A.L.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abhinav94

Total Posts:  1

by your modification new field came in shipping method in configuration.but not coming in add tracking number button in order menu.
any thing need to add?

Magento Community
Magento Community

owebia
Mentor

France, Morteau

I think no

Magento Community
Magento Community