Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I want to disable the buy now function for specific products please help

room2design

Total Posts:  2

I have a customer that requires most of the products to be on a regular add to cart function but certain products are only available based on a manual stock check and cannot be sold online. I still want to be able to increase and decrease the prices shown to visitors but do not want them to be able to add to cart.

Is this simply to make the stock level zero or can I delete the actual button from page

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravikumar N B

Total Posts:  213

I have the same issue.
VOTE++

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

We had a similar issue with products that couldn’t be sold online because they were classed as medical devices, but they were available in stores so we wanted all the product info to be available for consumers researching online. We use the “email me when back in stock” functionality on that site, so we didn’t want to just 0 the inventory because that would leave that message showing to consumers when in reality those products are never going to be in stock and available for sale on the website.

The solution we found most effective was to make another theme inside of our store “interface” (Magento’s terminology, not mine--basically app/design/frontend/storeinterface/newtheme).  Where newtheme is the not4sale theme.  The not4sale theme only contains the template/catalog/product/view.phtml file where we deleted the add to cart code and added a message about finding the products in stores using our store locator.  Everything else that theme inherits from the default theme for our store “interface”.

Then in the admin panel we just apply it selectively to the products that are “not4sale”.  ADMIN>Catalog>Manage Products.  Select a product. Click “Design” tab on the left and apply the not4sale theme as a Custom Design.

It’s been working well for us. Hopefully will work for you too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravikumar N B

Total Posts:  213

Hi Kara,
I knew this is possible in product custom design, but product custom design is only applied in product view page.
But Add to cart button is available in category list(Product list) page, new arrivals module, recently viewed module, Compare product module and so on.
How to remove all Add to cart button, because some other products also comes under those modules.

For example my home page contains new arrivals and recently viewed products
New arrivals contains all products in random selection, recently viewed products modules list out buy now products and cannot sold products.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

n20capri

Total Posts:  44
Bensalem PA

Do you consistently have “out of stock” items?  If not then try this...0 out the stock then translate inline and change the “out of stock” text to what you want..."Call to order” or “only available in stores”

This will show the text you want while also disabling the Add to cart button…

If you always have out of stock items this might not work…

My client doesn’t want to sell anything online just yet...so this what what I came up with...Once we transition I can just change the stock and be ready to sell…
http://www.thecrystalcage.com/Shop/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community