Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem restoring database with Cpanel

luciogm

Total Posts:  3

Hello,
I changed my hosting server and now I have problems restoring my Magento site.
I made a backup of the whole site with the \\\\\\\"Backup\\\\\\\" tool on Cpanel of the old server and restored the files on the new server with the same tool. I changed all file permissions to 775 except index.php and folder /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Magento (and its subdirectories and files) which are set to 755. I saw these file permission settings recommended in some website.
I can see the main page and can enter the admin panel, but everything else sends a 404 error. I even restored using these instructions:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/restoring_a_backup_of_a_magento_database
but nothing.
Please help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

luciogm

Total Posts:  3

Fixed after I changed Web Server Rewrites to No.
CMS pages did not work, so I uploaded the original root .htaccess that you get when you download Magento and it worked.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community