Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Download files are corrupt

CoolSitez

Total Posts:  12

I’ve searched the forums and seen many people having downloadable products woes, but mine appears to be a new issue.

I have a new Magento 1.2.1 installation I’m trying to get live.  After much PHP manipulation I finally got the flash uploader to upload my 41MB file.  Everything appears to work except the file is corrupt once it’s downloaded.  It is a Windows EXE file.  I can FTP the file out of the download directory back to my machine and it runs fine.  I even moved the file to the root of my site and downloaded it in a browser and it runs fine.  If I purchase the product in Magento then download it from My Downloadable Products, it downloads just fine, but then says it is corrupt when I try to run it.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CoolSitez

Additional information:

I uploaded the file to another of my websites that I *know* can download files using Drupal/Ubercart.  I then reset the product to have the URL point to that file and repurchased the product.  Same result.  Download okay, file corrupt and wont execute.

Again, all help appreciated.  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CoolSitez

This is killing me from going live.  Has anyone seen this, and more importantly, fixed it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CoolSitez

A little more information as I keep trying to correct this. 

I’ve narrowed it down to any Windows installer executable files created with the most recent version on Inno Setup.  Other installer executables I upload work fine after being downloaded thru Magento.  Apparently, something Inno Setup is doing to construct the EXE is choking the way Magento downloads it.  My Inno Setup installers work fine when downloaded every other way I try it. just not when downloaded thru Magento.

I’d rather not have to redo my installer jobs in another package, but I may not have a choice if no-one can find another solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stewdawg35

Total Posts:  41

I am having the same issue. I paid $$$ for varien support and have yet to find a resolution. We moved all files to Amazon S3, switched to a fully dedicated server and disabled mod_deflate on the server which I guess can sometimes interfere with the downloads. All our files are .zip files but some are <80MB. It seems the server is closing the connection or incorrectly encrypting the download urls.

Anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CoolSitez

I fanally got this resolved over the weekend - or at least I figured out a work around for it.  It turned out to be the way I was constructing my install file.  I use Inno Setup to build my install package.  I had the following set in my [Setup] section:

Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes

I was able to get it to finally work by changing my Inno script to use:

Compression=zip
SolidCompression=no

I am assuming there’s something about the lzma compression and/or the SolidCompression setting in Inno that goofed up Magento.  Everything else I have that downloads files worked okay with it, but Magento didn’t like it.  I wish this could be fixed in Magento because now my install files for download are a good 50% larger.  I guess I’ll have to live with that unless the Magento guys can fix it at a later date.

I hope that helps someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community