Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Upload issue Vresion 1.7(Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.)

santhosh400

Total Posts:  2
Bangalore

Hello All

I am fairly new to magento.

I have gotten magento 1.7 installed and everything seems to be working but the image upload, but I have hit a wall for the past few days that has been very frustrating.

Some background information. I am working on a godaddy shared linux hosting plan

When choosing an image for my product I can browse through the folders and choose my image.  Once I hit upload it seems to upload just fine.

However I am being hot with an alert that says “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.’

Once it seems to upload I try to rollover my thumbnail and I get a broken img icon.

I have searched all over for a solution to this. I have tried everything i have read thus far and nothing seems to do the trick. I need assistance with this. its is very frustrating.

Also I can browse through my files and find the images I uploaded in my media/tmp and media/catalog yet it cant get it to show on my front or backend…

I hope someone has an answer to this soultion.

Media folder i have set to 777 permission

THANK YOU!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Have you tried setting your store configuration and setting the image/watermark properties? How about the caches?

Magento Community
Magento Community

santhosh400

Total Posts:  2
Bangalore

HI Thanks for the reply.

I tried clearinf all cache ...But whats the store configuration and setting the image/watermark properties?

Can you please walk through the steps for the same ?

Thanks
Santhosh

Magento Community
Magento Community

chayapas

Total Posts:  1

I’m having the same problem too.  I’ve tried all the other previous suggestions and the images still do not show up.  Can some one help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ldlittle

Total Posts:  1

Was this ever resolved for you?  I’m having the same issue and need help urgently

Magento Community
Magento Community

msnyder12

Total Posts:  4

Another post in this form worked for me.  Basically disabling the store view and reenabling it worked.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/309314/

Magento Community
Magento Community

backwardsla

Total Posts:  3

msnyder12 - 29 August 2013 06:08 AM

Another post in this form worked for me.  Basically disabling the store view and reenabling it worked.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/309314/

I did this about 5 times and had no luck. I disabled, flushed my cache, enabled, flushed my cache again and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

HEFTRONIC

Total Posts:  3

The same problem, but i found the error in my case.
---------------------------------------------
Also looked into your configuration and see that you are running magento in a sub-directory. I see you aren’t having any other issues from the looks of it so I would just suggest a quick fix.

Create a new folder in the root called skin and then upload a copy of the adminhtml from your server. After that, that should resolve your issue with it not being able to find the file.

Thanks to:  Nick Darley

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community