Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Magento Classic Theme - FREE!!! 

TemplatesMaster
Guru

Total Posts:  308
Switzerland

M2K - 16 March 2009 06:47 AM

TemplatesMaster - 16 March 2009 01:50 AM

Please post link or screenshot.

http://www.cafenubia.net

“Musical instruments” is root category that is used to assign categories tree to store. Please create one more upper level category and assign “Musical instruments” as child to it. Then please go to store admin and set this root category as default.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

M2K

Total Posts:  10

I just added another sub category but my admin doesnt reflect my homepage

*i posted this before i saw your post templatemaster*

I will do what you suggested and let you know

Image Attachments
Magento Admin_1237219792522.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplatesMaster
Guru

Switzerland

M2K - 16 March 2009 07:11 AM

I just added another sub category but my admin doesnt reflect my homepage

*i posted this before i saw your post templatemaster*

I will do what you suggested and let you know

Your categories tree is incorrect. Please create root category “root” and assign this 2 categories as child to new category. Then set this category as default in store admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

M2K

TemplatesMaster - 16 March 2009 07:14 AM

Your categories tree is incorrect. Please create root category “root” and assign this 2 categories as child to new category. Then set this category as default in store admin.

Ok i got it ,i never knew about or how to set the category as default in the store admin,after you told me i did a search and found it.

Thanks Alot!

Magento Community
Magento Community

M2K

Is there a way to display the root categories with out the sub categories showing on the homepage?

Magento Community
Magento Community

merovingian

Total Posts:  2

Great Theme, I’m enjoying playing around with it.

Couple Questions:

Where do I go to change the header color, and background color?

Where do I go to change the font type/color/size of the store catalog type boxes?

If I modify the slider PSD file, where do I go to inject the changes into the webpage? I can’t seem to find where any PSD files are on my server.

Oh and one bigger thought…

I love the new products section, is there a way to break this up into separate catalogs? For instance the first line of 3 newest products to show could be from only the electronics catalog, then the next line of 3 could be only from the apparel catalog. etc etc Maybe even a break between them so I could add the title of that lines catalog.

Sorry for all the questions smile

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplatesMaster
Guru

Switzerland

merovingian - 19 March 2009 10:58 PM

It’s based on css and images. Please check css files at skin\frontend\default\f002\css

Where do I go to change the font type/color/size of the store catalog type boxes?

Please check css files at skin\frontend\default\f002\css. We recommend installing firebug for Firefox and using it for template tuning.

If I modify the slider PSD file, where do I go to inject the changes into the webpage? I can’t seem to find where any PSD files are on my server.

skin\frontend\default\f002\images

I love the new products section, is there a way to break this up into separate catalogs? For instance the first line of 3 newest products to show could be from only the electronics catalog, then the next line of 3 could be only from the apparel catalog. etc etc Maybe even a break between them so I could add the title of that lines catalog.

It will require custom module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

Thank you so much for making this NICE template available for free.  It was quick and easy to install, and has outstanding quality. 

I sometimes find it hard to pay for templates, because they usually look better than they work, and it is SO annoying to pay for stuff when it takes hours and hours to fix the developers sloppy work.  This theme however—is quality from one end to the other, making me confident that if I want to buy some of your non-free stuff, I will get something I can actually use.  Keep up the good work (and quality)!

Best regards from a very very very happy MagentoClassic user grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

merovingian

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your help so far TemplatesMaster…

I figured out how to use the PSD to change my colors and then upload the images produced from the PSD to the /images folder and everything looks good.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the logo.gif that’s in your template to work. When I save it for the web in photoshop it looks like the logo.gif file is sliced into 3 images. So the output is not the same size as the original logo.gif. If I make it the correct size the colors from the background won’t match up correctly and I can see a box around the image.

The html page photoshop produces with the /images folder looks perfect but I keep getting 3 logo files generated instead of 1 logo file.

This question might not have anything to do with the template, but may be more of an html/css question. If I get get a logo to blend in with the background you use do you know where and what code I could use to just insert a simple text title over my header background. I love the color I get with your psd file and can’t seem to recreate it myself, but I just can’t get a logo or simple plain white text of my store name to appear over that header background (if that makes any sense) smile

Thanks! Great Template so far, I love using it, I just need to get my web site name in the header (via logo or simple text) and I’m set.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento4me

Total Posts:  39
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

First of all, many thanks for the free theme! It’s great! So far, I didn’t encounter major problems other than some translations that weren’t picked up by the theme. Anyway, I have three small questions I hope you can help me with:

1. When you click on a category, it looks like there’s something wrong with the layout of the “shop by / shopping options” part in the left column (see the attached screenshot). How do we fix this? It looks like this is fixed in the demo store?

2. Where can I translate the “search site...” part in the top right of the website? I want to change the text and the GO button including the ALT text.

3. In Internet Explorer only, the shade below the dark gray navigation bar is replaced by an ugly gray line just above Home / Wierook (see the attached screenshot). The demo store doesn’t seem to have that problem. This problem was from the start in a fresh installation and I can’t remember I changed anything in that area. What must I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Frank D.
The Netherlands

Image Attachments
page.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

surelacard

Total Posts:  11

TemplatesMaster - 19 March 2009 11:10 PM

It’s based on css and images. Please check css files at skin\frontend\default\f002\css

What line #? I’m having trouble locating it and I’m using firebug but to no avail.

Oh and thanks for creating a free theme. It rocks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento4me

Total Posts:  39
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

surelacard - 04 April 2009 02:21 PM

TemplatesMaster - 19 March 2009 11:10 PM

What line #? I’m having trouble locating it and I’m using firebug but to no avail.

Oh and thanks for creating a free theme. It rocks!

It’s not in the css, it’s an image. The images are located here: skin\frontend\default\f002\images. The image for the background header is header-bg.gif. Use the PSD file that comes with the template (template_homepage_classic_blue.psd) to make these changes easily.

Best Regards,

Frank D.
The Netherlands

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplatesMaster
Guru

Switzerland

Good news. We upgraded template to 1.3 version and added this template in new 9 colors now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

herniaaaa

Total Posts:  9

thx templatesmonster nice themes..

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplatesMaster
Guru