Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Designing the backend? 

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Directories I’ve put out
app/design/adminhtml/defualt/mytheme
app/design/frontend/default/mytheme
skin/adminhtml/default/mytheme
skin/frontend/default/mytheme

Administration config in Design -> Themes
Templates: mytheme
Skin (css) images: mytheme
Layout: mytheme

This works awesome on the frontend, yet there is no difference on the backend. This was working fine in version 1.1.8, and I know that the support was missing prior versions. So my question is: what gives? It seems really pointless to remove that feature, and it causes a lot of problems for the designers when upgrading the stores as the modified files will have to be exchanged manually every time. Maybe it still is working, but there is some new config options I haven’t noticed? Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Well, I did figure this out after a little while and I think I’ll file a bug report on the issue. As some other problems I’ve seen in Magento this one is based on the store views. If you only have one store view the configuration will be saved with the default scope instead of the store scope. Whenever entering a page in the Magento administration this will try to get the config for the current store scope. And when you only have one store this will return nothing. This nothing is then replaced by the fall back theme, i.e default. I’m not sure how this is different from version 1.1.8 though, I haven’t found the key difference between these yet. But I’ll keep looking.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community