Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page guestbook and Press section

XeroXer

Total Posts:  10
Västerås, Sweden

Hi!

Have a customer that I am making a magento store for.
There are a few points in the customers request I am having problems with.

1.) Is there a way to have a guestbook for the whole page, either as standard or with and extension?
So almost as the contact page but first it lists the previous comments and then a section where visitors may post their own thoughts about the page. Of course the posts need to be verified by the store owner before it shows…

2.) Is there an easy way to create a simple press section, either as standard or with an extension?
This customer has some high resolution images and a few pdf files that the visitors should be able to download, no need for login or anything. The content should be uploaded and named at the admin page.

Maybe someone has an idea on how I should best go about solving these problems…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mbartens@gmail.com

Total Posts:  14

I am interested in this as well.  Does anyone know if there is a plug in that can do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Hi,

As for the guest book, you can create special product and use built in reviews feature. You might also find interesting our Review Booster extension. As for the press section,
you can create CMS page with the list of the all press releases and one CMS page for the release details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

also if you want a true guestbook extension with captcha (can be used w/o) but with the way spammers are you surely would want it. -> http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2674

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community