Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Do I need to assign a product ID. 

cheeseandrice

Total Posts:  120

I have manual entered in a handful of Simple Products and built a Configurable Product to manage them. I exported an excel file and noticed that there is no product IDs as indicated in the Product list.

I want to add a bunch of new products to the excel file and upload it accordingly, is there a mapping attribute for PRODUCT ID. Or does the database map using SKU or something? Thanks. smirk

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cheeseandrice

Total Posts:  120

It appears that products are made unique by their SKU. I came to understand this after I imported a file that I had previous exported out of magento. All the changes I made stuck to the existing entries except for a couple items that I changed the SKU on. Magento by default just treated them as new products and assigned them a new product ID. So I had a couple duplicate entries I had to delete. I don’t see any way to use the import/export to mass delete products or change SKUs.

Now I am trying to figure out how to assign Associated Products to Configurable products in the XML. I am going to search the forums, let me know if you know where I can fin this. -thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community