Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

updated designers guide? 

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

excuse me as i haven’t been around these parts for a bit.

i was just wondering if the designers guide is up to date with the latest magento preview release (0.7.15.480)? i’ve perused a few threads where people have stated that certain areas of the guide are out of date but i cant match up the timeline of which magento versions they’re referring to. for example, references to default.xml and main.xml seem to be out of date already. is there a full list of updated changes i can look at?

with the production-ready release coming up soon, i’m assuming there will be minimal if any changes to the template structure. i just don’t want to jump into the designers guide and start banging my head on a certain section only to find out something simply hasn’t been updated in the guide.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Generally software cant reach production phase unless a designers guide is sorted,

So in short of course the guide will be complete Magento is professional just look at their web presence have faith

At this Beta Phase it makes sense to make one big Designer Guide adjustment at the end other wise Magento would be throwing valuable resource into the guide that should otherwise be helping on Development

The forum is slow at the moment BUT its still useful, post you questions and eventually as the community learns more they will get answered I have helped a few already

I have started a useful tips post Add your tips but don’t add if its already there

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2756/

Bill007 http://www.euphorish.com web design and development

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

ahh perfect. thanks bill and minu!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community