Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category Product Count showing up, a little bit more technical

bayers064

Total Posts:  105

I am running community 1.7.2
In the configuration settings i have all the setting to “Show Product Count” to No.
I have to turn the Anchor settings on the root categories off because in each sub category i have data table and Spec sheets for the products in that sub category.

When the root category anchor settings is yes then the product count disappears, when i set it to No they show up. is there any way to remedy this issue

Image Attachments
productcount.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

E21MEDIA

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
Try the following.

There are a few other things that might be playing a part. There’s an attribute setting that determines if it is included in layered navigation. Go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes. Then open the attribute that is listed in the layered navigation, and scroll down to the Frontend Properties section. Make sure that the “Use in Layered Navigation” property is set to Filterable without results.” Then, refresh your search index (Catalog > Search Index).

If that doesn’t work here’s something to note and try. The layered navigation typically includes two sections—the top part which lists by category, and the bottom part by attribute, if any are available. That one configuration setting (Configuration > Catalog > Layered Navigation) controls the display of the count for both sections. By any chance, have you looked at the page in another browser? It’s possible that it’s a caching issue. It’s worth checking to see if that’s the problem.

Here’s one more thought—Magento uses a server-side cache to speed up operations. In addition, there’s the browser cache, which is entirely separate but also plays a part. Assuming that the list is configured correctly, here’s a rundown of things to check: 1) Catalog > Refresh Indexing 2) From your store, clear the browser cache—by either pressing F5 or by deleting temporary files.

If neither of those solve the problem, you might try this: Go to Catalog > Manage Categories. In the tree on the left, click to open one of the categories that’s showing up in your layered navigation, set Is Active to “No,” and save the category. Then, turn it back on by setting Is Active to “Yes” and save the category again. This may resolve the problem.

If all else fails. Try this hack. Though I would try the above first.
Open in the app directory: template\catalog\navigation\left.phtml

Search for this code: (getProductCount() ?>)
this is around line 49. And completely remove that code.

Goods luck. If you have any more issues drop me a line.

Magento Community
Magento Community

E21MEDIA

Hi,
Try the following.

There are a few other things that might be playing a part. There\’s an attribute setting that determines if it is included in layered navigation. Go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes. Then open the attribute that is listed in the layered navigation, and scroll down to the Frontend Properties section. Make sure that the \"Use in Layered Navigation\” property is set to Filterable without results.\” Then, refresh your search index (Catalog > Search Index).

If that doesn\’t work here\’s something to note and try. The layered navigation typically includes two sections—the top part which lists by category, and the bottom part by attribute, if any are available. That one configuration setting (Configuration > Catalog > Layered Navigation) controls the display of the count for both sections. By any chance, have you looked at the page in another browser? It\’s possible that it\’s a caching issue. It\’s worth checking to see if that\’s the problem.

Here\’s one more thought—Magento uses a server-side cache to speed up operations. In addition, there\’s the browser cache, which is entirely separate but also plays a part. Assuming that the list is configured correctly, here\’s a rundown of things to check: 1) Catalog > Refresh Indexing 2) From your store, clear the browser cache—by either pressing F5 or by deleting temporary files.

If neither of those solve the problem, you might try this: Go to Catalog > Manage Categories. In the tree on the left, click to open one of the categories that\’s showing up in your layered navigation, set Is Active to \"No,\" and save the category. Then, turn it back on by setting Is Active to \"Yes\" and save the category again. This may resolve the problem.

Open in the app directory: template\\catalog\\navigation\\left.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

E21MEDIA - 27 March 2013 09:22 AM

Hi,
Try the following.

There are a few other things that might be playing a part. There’s an attribute setting that determines if it is included in layered navigation. Go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes. Then open the attribute that is listed in the layered navigation, and scroll down to the Frontend Properties section. Make sure that the “Use in Layered Navigation” property is set to Filterable without results.” Then, refresh your search index (Catalog > Search Index).

We don’t use attribute for categories, we set up categories ourselves and put the correct parts in there

If that doesn’t work here’s something to note and try. The layered navigation typically includes two sections—the top part which lists by category, and the bottom part by attribute, if any are available. That one configuration setting (Configuration > Catalog > Layered Navigation) controls the display of the count for both sections. By any chance, have you looked at the page in another browser? It’s possible that it’s a caching issue. It’s worth checking to see if that’s the problem.

I have cleared the cache numerous amounts of times and tried different browsers and they still show up

Here’s one more thought—Magento uses a server-side cache to speed up operations. In addition, there’s the browser cache, which is entirely separate but also plays a part. Assuming that the list is configured correctly, here’s a rundown of things to check: 1) Catalog > Refresh Indexing 2) From your store, clear the browser cache—by either pressing F5 or by deleting temporary files.

If neither of those solve the problem, you might try this: Go to Catalog > Manage Categories. In the tree on the left, click to open one of the categories that’s showing up in your layered navigation, set Is Active to “No,” and save the category. Then, turn it back on by setting Is Active to “Yes” and save the category again. This may resolve the problem.

Tried this at least 5 times, didn’t work

Open in the app directory: template\catalog\navigation\left.phtml

<?php if (!Mage::registry('current_category')) return ?>
<?php $_categories 
$this->getCurrentChildCategories() ?>
<?php $_count 
is_array($_categories)?count($_categories):$_categories->count(); ?>
<?php 
if($_count): ?>
<div class="block block-layered-nav">
    <
div class="block-title">
        <
strong><span><?php echo $this->__('Browse By'?></span></strong>
    </
div>
    <
div class="block-content">
        <
dl id="narrow-by-list2">
            <
dt><?php echo $this->__('Category'?></dt>
            <
dd>
                <
ol>

<?php foreach ($_categories as $_category): ?>
                    <?php 
if($_category->getIsActive()): ?>

<li>
                        <
a href="<?php echo $this->getCategoryUrl($_category) ?>"<?php if ($this->isCategoryActive($_category)): ?> class="current"<?php endif; ?>><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_category->getName()) ?></a>
                    </
li>

<?php endif; ?>
                <?php 
endforeach ?>

</ol>
            </
dd>
        </
dl>
        <
script type="text/javascript">decorateDataList('narrow-by-list2')</script>

</div>
</
div>
<?php endif; ?>

Here is the section of code after i cleared out that line, and they are still showing up

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

nevermind i figured it out, i edited the wrong template the first time. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

E21MEDIA

bayers064 - 27 March 2013 11:06 AM

nevermind i figured it out, i edited the wrong template the first time. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

No problem. Happy to help!

Was going to suggest that, but thought that obvious. Happens all the time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community