Magento Forum

Upgrading 1.4.2 Community through Downloader

iaincs

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade an install of Magento to the latest version.

I moved the original install to a new server that supported PHP 5.3 so I could do the upgrade but I’ve been having a lot of problems.

Basically I’ve set all permissions on everything (!!) to 777 and fixing PHP 5.2->5.3 errors has they come up.

I have been trying to do the upgrade through Downloader with “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” key as described in the docs and was slowing making progress with being able to see some “Existing Extensions” in the “Manage Existing Extensions” section, although still no upgrade option for them as they all list 1.4.2.

But I have now hit a wall as the installer seems to be freezing on the “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”

WARNINGchannel "connect.magentocommerce.com/core" has updated its protocols, use "pear channel-update connect.magentocommerce.com/core" to update
WARNING
"pear/Console_Getopt" is deprecated in favor of "pear/Console_GetoptPlus"
downloading Mage_Pear_Helpers-1.0.18800.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Pear_Helpers-1.0.18800.tgz (9,225 bytes)
. . ...
done9,225 bytes
downloading PEAR
-1.9.4.tgz ...
Starting to download PEAR-1.9.4.tgz (296,332 bytes)
done296,332 bytes

The warning have been there all the time so I’m assuming they have nothing to do with the current problem.

I have empted the “/downloader/pearlib/download/” folder to see if that helped but it didn’t.

After it freezes, the following files can be found in the folder:

channel.xml
Mage_Pear_Helpers
-1.0.18800.tgz
package
.xml
package2
.xml
PEAR
-1.9.4.tgz

I have log files defined in the admin config section but they are empty / don’t exist.

I don’t have SSH access. :(

Any advice would be much appreciated as I have spent hours on this and am getting rather frustrated with the whole experience at this stage :(

Thanks,
Iain

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community