Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Renamed Category, not reflected on frontend

AnthonyM

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

My first attempt at setting up Magento, please be patient with me smile

I went ahead and created a category (named Test) and put a product in it using the Backend/Admin interface. It immediately showed up on the Front end. I then went ahead and renamed the category (Test) to something more appropriate (Mobile Phones). However, on the Front end it still appears everywhere as “Test”.
I’ve tried Refresh Catalog Rewrites, I’ve tried Refresh All Cache and I’ve tried setting “Clean and Enable” on all the things on the Cache management page.
Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

AnthonyM

(Test store: http://imaginationstore.nfshost.com/magento/index.php )

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Hi, This can be an issue, its not a problem… you need to make sure the second time around that the appropriate store (in admin) is selected. Select the category and check the info you can change… after a few attempts you’ll see that there is a methodology to it.

good luck...The category systems works, its just getting used to it. Also as you said disable cache. The site may slow down a bit but at least you can see your adjustments.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community