Can magento do recurring billing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Recurring billing is currently on the roadmap but not supported in Magento out of the box at this time. This feature can be achieved with customization or with using a payment gateway that supports this functionality on their end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

Total Posts:  13

Adi,

Can you direct those of us hunting for the ability to enable Magento for Recurring Billing anywhere? Is there a specific company or developer that can be contacted with regards to building this type of functionality for hire? I have searched the job postings and the forums and can’t find anyone that has done this successfully right within Magento yet. I have built an entire store and love it, but the only thing that keeps us from going live is the ability to do recurring billing...so I am desperate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxq

Total Posts:  126
Florida

I believe authorize.net will allow you to do recurring billing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrinkCoffee

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I’m also trying to figure out to implement recurring billing.

I found these external systems for handling the payments:

http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/automatedrecurringbilling/
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_payflow-recurring-billing-overview-outside
http://www.vindicia.com/products/CashBox.html

Could someone suggest for how to integrate one of these with Magento?

Ideally, the next version of Magento would play nice with the Authorize.net module.  Until then, any suggestions for starting points?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Any more info or timeline on this would be great. Are there any custom modules? This is kind of a deal breaker for us.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

I’ll share some good and bad news. First the bad, I have seen very little talk anywhere about the recurring billing / subscription stuff. This would have been a deal breaker for us as well, but the good news is we have managed to build a custom recurring piece that works for us. We use PayPal for our merchant and we built a recurring piece that still allows for the customer to stay on our site...therefore never seeing the PayPal side. I am happy, but I will be happier to see this all built nicely into Magento.

Good Luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Thanks for that. I guess the biggest requirement for us is to allow the customer to manage the recurring order. Ours will actually be a recurring order where product is shipped out monthly or weekly. In essence it would be taking the “reorder” option which is already built in and adding a schedule to that. A schedule that would be exposed to the customer as well.

Maybe this type of functionality is too specific anyway to be included in a release.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Oneride21 - 10 April 2009 07:46 PM

I’ll share some good and bad news. First the bad, I have seen very little talk anywhere about the recurring billing / subscription stuff. This would have been a deal breaker for us as well, but the good news is we have managed to build a custom recurring piece that works for us. We use PayPal for our merchant and we built a recurring piece that still allows for the customer to stay on our site...therefore never seeing the PayPal side. I am happy, but I will be happier to see this all built nicely into Magento.

Good Luck!

How do you handle invoices? For example, does the customer see one order, but with multiple invoices (once a month, lets say). And, how do they cancel the order (further subscription payments) from your site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg White

Total Posts:  2
San Diego

Can anyone provide us with an update as to the status of a recurring billing function?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShakespeareGeek

Total Posts:  22

Maybe my situation is a bit better than some folks’.  We’ve chosen our payment provider (Cybersource). They support recurring billing, and have enabled it for us.

What I’m trying to determine is, what now?  Adi originally wrote at the top of this thread, “This feature can be achieved with customization or with using a payment gateway that supports this functionality on their end.”

So where exactly do I plug that in, from Magento’s side?  Am I basically on my own?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

Hey guys! I have some good news. I have done some research and found a group that has built a recurring module for Magento. We are currently using it in our live store (http://www.lcslifecoach.com for anyone interested) and it works great. It adds a menu item to the Magento admin area where you can setup all the products that are recurring and such. Here is the link to their site: http://store.skywireusa.com/skywire-recurring-module-for-magento.html

Spread the good news! I am so glad someone finally did something for all of us that need the recurring stuff!

Magento Community
Magento Community

boom

Total Posts:  12

Can you post some screen shots?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SkyWire Communications

Total Posts:  6
Utah

You can find screenshots and a couple of video’s on the Recurring Module spoken about here by visiting

http://store.skywireusa.com/screenshots

and

http://store.skywireusa.com/videos

If you have any questions, please send and email to support@store.skywireusa.com or post them here and we will be glad to assist.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ellisojl

El Centro, CA

SkyWire got back to me, so I’m retracting my complaint about them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SkyWire Communications

Utah

@ellisoj The product is a downloadable product and is available for download immediately after purchase. I have PM’d you with contact info so we can help you get this straightened out.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2