Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer Group Free Shipping

bobartell

Total Posts:  8

Is there any way that we can assign free shipping to a specific customer group versus everyone?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tqla

Total Posts:  1

I would like to know how to do this too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

This extension can do what you need - Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups. Its features include:

- Manage access to payment and shipping methods by groups
- Customers see only the methods assigned to their group
- Ability to provide privileges (including free shipping) to certain customer groups
- Shipping quotes only based on available methods

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Otter

Total Posts:  14
Seattle

I think you can do it using Shopping Cart Price Rules. In Rule information it allows you to select the customer group the rule applies to. Create a condition for the shipping country you want the rule to apply for. Then, in actions, do a fixed amount discount for the whole cart 0 (or .01 if that doesn’t work) and apply free shipping to the discount.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that should work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hi ,

You can check this thread for help http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13081909/magento-free-shipping-for-specific-customer

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community