Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Purchasing of Disabled Products? BUG

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I had an item on my website for 1 day, which sold out very fast. Then I disabled it and made it show no-where in the catalog. But now a week later I get an order for the item.

So, there is an issue with products being able to be purchased when they are not active - I think it might have to do with the qty on hand field being > 0 as when I import the data I use 9999 as the inventory qty since we don’t track inventory and the old systems had some issues. It also might be releated to the item being in a wish list or shopping cart prior to being flagged disabled.

It is my assumtion that disabled means out of stock and not allowed to be purchased. If I wanted a special hidden product then I’d use no-where as the where to show. But disabled should be disabled.

-- I posted this as a bug in the tracker.

James
http://www.rpgshop.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community