Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reading zip- /postcodes in table rate shipping

Tutti

Total Posts:  33

Im trying to use the table rates for my shipping methods, but Im having a problem setting it to read postcodes.

I need to specify price and weight for each postcode (0000-9999), but it doesnt seem to read the postcodes even when I try the examples provided here in the forum. I use * for country, region and city, because the price is determined by postcode and weight only.

1. Maybe there is somesthing wrong with the link bwetween the shippment form and the Table rate?
2. Does it read 4 digit postcodes?
3. Are the postcodes defined in sql?

Im having the same problem with all table rate extensios.

Hope someone can help me!

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amin Amini

Total Posts:  67
Sweden, Stockholm

Tutti - 17 February 2009 05:06 AM

Im trying to use the table rates for my shipping methods, but Im having a problem setting it to read postcodes.

I need to specify price and weight for each postcode (0000-9999), but it doesnt seem to read the postcodes even when I try the examples provided here in the forum. I use * for country, region and city, because the price is determined by postcode and weight only.

1. Maybe there is somesthing wrong with the link bwetween the shippment form and the Table rate?
2. Does it read 4 digit postcodes?
3. Are the postcodes defined in sql?

Im having the same problem with all table rate extensios.

Hope someone can help me!

Thank you!

Hi Tutti,

Which condition (Weight vs destination, Price vs destination, or # of items vs destination) are you using?

Could you please show the contents of your tablerates.csv file?

Regards,
Amin Amini

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amin Amini

Sweden, Stockholm

To give you an example of how a line in tablerates.csv should look (condition set to weight vs destination), here’s one line taken from my file:

ABW,*,*,1.0000,235.0000

I haven’t specified post code, but you should simply be able to replace the second * with your post code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tutti

Thanks for you quick reply!

Im using weight vs destination.

An example from my csv is:
*,*,1873,5.0100,87.0000
*,*,1874,5.0100,87.0000
*,*,1875,5.0100,87.0000

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amin Amini

Sweden, Stockholm

Tutti - 17 February 2009 06:09 AM

Thanks for you quick reply!

Im using weight vs destination.

An example from my csv is:
*,*,1873,5.0100,87.0000
*,*,1874,5.0100,87.0000
*,*,1875,5.0100,87.0000

Thanks!

It looks fine to me, although I think you should specify the country, even if you’re only shipping stuff to a single country.

Have you set-up Table Rates so that it is enabled for your intended country? You can do this at System > Configuration > Shipping Methods by changing Ship to applicable countries to Specific Countries and by changing Ship to Specific countries to your country of choice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tutti

Ah, it worked nicely now.
In fact it was the weight of the product that played me. It was lower that what I had defined in the csv. It must be because I used 0.5 instead of 0,5? Anyways, thanks for all help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Just a thought to make your life simpler - you might want to look at the Matrixrate multiple table rate extension as it offers support for entering postcode ranges on a single line.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community