Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Could not determine temp directory, please specify a cache_dir manually” Error Report

boutwellsk

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

After 2 weeks of searching for answers I decided to create my own post to see if I couldn’t find a solution to the Magento error report I get when trying to access our online store. I am fairly new to Magento so please bear with some of the beginner language and understanding.

Two weeks ago we started receiving this error message “There has been an error processing your request.” when trying to access the online store as well as the admin. After looking at the reports in var/report I noticed 6 files, all with the message “a:5:{i:0;s:71:"Could not determine temp directory, please specify a cache_dir manually”;i:1;s:5112:"#0". I found this to be somewhat common in the Magento discussion boards but none of the solutions appear to be working.

I have verified the following:

- ‘cache_dir’ => ‘tmp/’, in lib/zend/cache/backend/file.php
- tmp folder has 777 permission

Please let me know if you can think of another possible solution to this issue or if I can provide additional information. Any and all help is appreciated!

Sarah

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ezequiasmartins

Total Posts:  3

try this solution in this link above:
www.learnmagento.org/magento-bug-fixes/could-not-determine-temp-directory-please-specify-a-cache_dir-manually/#

i do it and have sucess.
=O)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community