Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal IPN Problem: merchant emails do not match

dandrikop

Total Posts:  4

I have some problem with PayPal which appeared in the last 2 weeks, but it does not occur for every payment I receive in PayPal for Magento orders.

At System --> Configuration --> PayPal, field “Email Associated with PayPal Merchant Account” I have configured an email address registered with my PayPal account, which is not my primary email address for PayPal. However, there are some payments for Magento orders for which the field “Payment Sent to” is set to my primary email address registered with PayPal. My primary email address is totally unknown for my Magento Store; I mean that I haven’t configured that email address anywhere in my store configuration. So, I presume that for some reason PayPal puts on its own that email address.

The above problem impacts the IPN I receive from PayPal. Namely, PayPal sends the IPN to my Magento store, but for the payments whose the field “Payment Sent to” is set to my primary email address registered with PayPal, Magento discards the IPN with the following error:

[exception] => Requested myprimary@mydomain.gr and configured other@mydomain.gr merchant emails do not match.

As a result, these orders are shown as unpaid in my Store, while the customer has paid for them, of course.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tony1234

Total Posts:  38

I am having the EXACT same problem. It appeared suddenly yesterday.

I am using PayPal Payments Standard, and unless the email address in the “Email Associated with PayPal Merchant Account” on Magento matched my primary PayPal email account, we do not receive the Magento system emails, and the payment is marked as Pending even though it has been received.

Previously, all worked fine, even though the email address we used on Magento was not a Primary PayPal email.

Any advice appreciated - thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gtraverine

Total Posts:  0

I am getting the same issue as well.
Anybody found the solution yet.

I will be posting if I get any updates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dandrikop

Total Posts:  4

I contacted PayPal and they said that their system had a bug. However, they said that at Magento you should configure your Primary Email address registered with PayPal. This is what their documentation about IPN says.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr Greenthumb

Total Posts:  11

i am having the exact same problem. Some orders are going to a different email address, and thus are not coming on magento as paid.

I called Paypal and they said it’s from a configuration issue from my side, but I have scoured all over the config settings and can’t find what is wrong.

Can anyone please help???

Magento Community
Magento Community

Prad

Total Posts:  72

Just try to use the primary PayPal address in Magento PayPal configuration.
If you have secondary email address in Magento PayPal configuration, there will be a conflict when PayPal sends data back to your Magento using IPN as it sends primary address via IPN.

Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community