Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin consoles not working

Stu Willis

Total Posts:  1

Hey there,

I’m setting up a test install of Magento. The installation all went fine using the full instant of 1.2.1. However, I cannot create products, customers, categories etc. using the admin dashboard. It’ll take me to the new product screen but ithere will be no options.

Fyi, customers created through the frontend are, well, created.

Firefox is reporting the following errors:

Fieldset is undefined.
Translate is not a constructor.
varientTabs is not a constructor.
varienForm is not a constructor.
varienGlobalEvents is not defined.
Validation is not defined.

My hosting company is redrook (redrook.com). They ran the compatibility scripts and determined that we were compatible.

Any help will be most appreciated, as I’m trying to determine whether oscMax or Magento is better for our purposes (an educational online video store).

Thanks,

Stuart.

see attached.

Image Attachments
magnetoErrors.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Make sure the permissions on all files are set to chmod 644 and all directories to chmod 755. If that does not help, try to re-install Magento on a fresh database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neilkerry

Total Posts:  74
UK

I Had exactly the same issue when i first installed magento......

Did you use the downloader installer version - if so, re install with full installer uploaded via FTP.

Worked for me....its amazing how much better magento is with the admin console working!...lol

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community