Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Product images not showing up…. 

Levi501

Total Posts:  6

Much appreciated!  Renaming the htaccess file did the trick smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

swkelling

Total Posts:  9

This may be a separate issue, I’ve had this happen several times now. After adding a new child store no product pictures were loading in the new store. What worked for me was to go to:

media/catalog/product

and rename cache to cache2 system created a new cache file and pictures began loading correctly again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

suho

Total Posts:  1

jep that worked

swkelling - 30 March 2013 03:22 PM

This may be a separate issue, I’ve had this happen several times now. After adding a new child store no product pictures were loading in the new store. What worked for me was to go to:

media/catalog/product

and rename cache to cache2 system created a new cache file and pictures began loading correctly again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RagingNomad

Thanks! I too have GoDaddy and renaming the .htaccess file in /media/ and clearing cache/reindexing worked for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesnaat

Renaming the htaccess file under /media/ worked for me. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

akosblazsik

Try to sync your media database: System > Configuration > Advanced > System > Storage Configuration for Media

Magento Community
Magento Community

letiferus

Total Posts:  2

turboecart - 30 March 2011 11:47 AM

I’ve had the same issue of images not showing in either the backend or frontend on a Magento Godaddy installation.

After trying many proposed fixes I found on the net, I finally found this blog post:

http://www.viraljetani.com/programming/magento-images-not-appearing-on-frontend-as-well-as-backend-on-godaddy-server

The solution for fixing the Magento product or sample data images is to delete or rename the .htaccess file in the /media folder.

Hope this helps others. Take the time to thank the author of the blog that provided this fix.

This worked for me as well. I believe that it’s a problem with the
Options +FollowSymLinks
statement in the .htaccess. I’ve heard in regards to other things that it could cause security issues so some hosts disable it on the server side. Commenting out that line may work for those of you with hosts who’ve disabled the FollowSymLinks option. The line would look like this:
#Options +FollowSymLinks

This may be a better solution than renaming (and therefore completely disabling) the .htaccess file.

EDIT: I also ended up having to comment out the following lines:
#Options All -Indexes
#Options -ExecCGI

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3