Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Product images not showing up…. 

VikramjeetS

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

I have migrated the magento files from one server to other server through FTP. Now when i am browsing the website on new server many of the product images are missing. I have also tried to refresh image cache.

I am using magento 1.1.7.

any clues??????

thanks
vikram

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eblanchette

Total Posts:  3

I’m having the same issue.  I think it’s a php lib.  Have you had any luck?

Magento Community
Magento Community

VikramjeetS

no not yet.... :(
i have cleared cache as well....
but nothing works…

Magento Community
Magento Community

eblanchette

Total Posts:  3

Finally I got it working!  I increased the memory_limit to 128M, cleared cache and browser cache.  After months!

php.ini
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)

Magento Community
Magento Community

VikramjeetS

i have already assigned 128M in memory limit.... but it is not working for me…
however i forgot to mentioned one thing that it has been installed on lightspeed server

Magento Community
Magento Community

TPB

Total Posts:  13

After fighting with this for a while, I renamed the folder /media/catalog/product/cache to _cache.  When I refreshed the cache, the system created a new cache folder, and everything started working after that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

core67

Total Posts:  5
UK

yep! the cache thing worked for me, awesome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevegrant1

Total Posts:  7

TPB - 12 June 2009 05:57 AM

After fighting with this for a while, I renamed the folder /media/catalog/product/cache to _cache.  When I refreshed the cache, the system created a new cache folder, and everything started working after that.

Worked a trreat - thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

iposters

Total Posts:  6

Awesome! It worked. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

gabesinger

Total Posts:  1

When I go into Product Information and upload an image, it uploads, but I never see an image.  I get the box on the left that says roll over to preview image.  I do that but no image shows up. I checked base image and I tried changing the cache file to _cache and clearing out caches in firefox as well as refreshing the page, but nothing seems to show an image.  Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mandurah

Total Posts:  20
Mesa, AZ (USA)

I have the same problem. Clean install with sample data. Software is successful in installing. But, I have no product images from any product profiles from the sample data or newly created product profiles. I increased the \"php_value memory_limit\” to 128M with no visible change (in the htaccess file in the home(magento) directory). Tried placing the php.ini file as prescribed by my hosting service (1and1) with also no success. Did the renaming of the cache to ‘_cache’, and although a new folder ‘cache’ was automatically created there also was no success with the product images. I’m open to any further suggestions out there - thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

topgunnza

Total Posts:  2

mandurah - 18 June 2010 09:53 AM

I have the same problem. Clean install with sample data. Software is successful in installing. But, I have no product images from any product profiles from the sample data or newly created product profiles. I increased the \"php_value memory_limit\” to 128M with no visible change (in the htaccess file in the home(magento) directory). Tried placing the php.ini file as prescribed by my hosting service (1and1) with also no success. Did the renaming of the cache to ‘_cache’, and although a new folder ‘cache’ was automatically created there also was no success with the product images. I’m open to any further suggestions out there - thanks in advance

Okay, not wanting to state the obvious but ensure you have in fact uploaded the media files correctly, there are some instances where those files are not uploaded, even though your ftp client has indicated that it has done so...I’ve found that with a number of hosts.

I only had the issue using Filezilla and having not had enough time, I haven’t checked any other ftp clients....

Magento Community
Magento Community

topgunnza

mandurah - 18 June 2010 09:53 AM

Umm...dated 8mo’s previously, seems a double post that was timewarped!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mandurah

Total Posts:  20
Mesa, AZ (USA)

Resolution: Once I reset the file permissions using putty (644 all files, 755 all folders, this outside of the recommended permissions set for the select files/folders specified in the online Magento instruction (i.e. \\\\\\\’app\\\\\\\’, \\\\\\\’media\\\\\\\’, etc.) everything worked fine in regards to images. I will say we are still having a constant problem with logging in the backend admin console. After you initially log in, you need to refresh 3 times before you\\\\\\\’re in. I thought initially it was 1&1;servers, but users with other hosting companies are experiencing the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

suresh.tanniru

Hello Guys,

This is problem with indexs.Go to System->Index Management and update index it will work.

Suresh,

Magento Community
Magento Community

turboecart

I’ve had the same issue of images not showing in either the backend or frontend on a Magento Godaddy installation.

After trying many proposed fixes I found on the net, I finally found this blog post:

http://www.viraljetani.com/programming/magento-images-not-appearing-on-frontend-as-well-as-backend-on-godaddy-server

The solution for fixing the Magento product or sample data images is to delete or rename the .htaccess file in the /media folder.

Hope this helps others. Take the time to thank the author of the blog that provided this fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3