Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Base Authentication Error

Doug Homan

Total Posts:  9

I have 2 Google Base login IDs.  When I enter 1 of them in Magento configuration I can connect through Magento to Google Base.  The problem is that Google Base account is for a different business.

When I change my Magento configuration to the Account Login and password of the 2nd Google Base account that I want to use for my store and try to connect through Magento, I receive the error:

Unable to connect to Google Base. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication

Any ideas why 1 account login information works fine and the 2nd does not?

Thanks,
Doug

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Doug Homan

Total Posts:  9

For anyone else that has this problem, I figured out the cause.  The google account that was not authenticating was because its domain was also using google apps so the email address existed as a google apps (hosted) email address, but had a second and separate GOOGLE account that google base was setup with.

In the Google Base API you can set which account system you want to authenticate against, HOSTED or GOOGLE or the default is to first try to authenticate against HOSTED and then try GOOGLE.  Since I had both a HOSTED and GOOGLE account for this particular email address and google base was set up under the 2nd, my authentication failed.

My fix was to delete the GOOGLE account for this email address and create a new gmail address to set all the google services I plan to use for my store under.

Not sure this makes sense but hope it helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wwwcom

Total Posts:  2

Fantastic work tracking this down!  I’ve submitted a bug to make them aware of this issue: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=5651

Magento Community
Magento Community

marquinhocb

Total Posts:  7

If you need this fixed and just can’t wait…

app\code\core\Mage\GoogleBase\Model\Service.php : Line 49

$client = Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::getHttpClient($user, $pass, Zend_Gdata_Gbase::AUTH_SERVICE_NAME, null, ‘’, $loginToken, $loginCaptcha, Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::CLIENTLOGIN_URI, ‘GOOGLE’);

Magento Community
Magento Community

dealerpower

Total Posts:  21

marquinhocb - 28 March 2009 02:46 PM

If you need this fixed and just can’t wait…

app\code\core\Mage\GoogleBase\Model\Service.php : Line 49

$client = Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::getHttpClient($user, $pass, Zend_Gdata_Gbase::AUTH_SERVICE_NAME, null, ‘’, $loginToken, $loginCaptcha, Zend_Gdata_ClientLogin::CLIENTLOGIN_URI, ‘GOOGLE’);

Thanks for the code to fix problem with Google Base, how ever I tried this and now I am getting this error:
Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘GOOGLE’ - assumed ‘‘GOOGLE’’ in /app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service.php on line 49

Any thoughts? Using Magento ver 1.2.0.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

jasso

Total Posts:  8

This worked for me - I just had to make sure to straighten the quotes out. Thanks marquinhocb!

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Hi,

Jasso, You say you had to straighten the quotes out?

Could you provide the correct code as you managed to use it? And the insertion points to cut / replace?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Hi,

In the version update v 1.3.2.2, it states that the error:

“Unable to connect to Google Base. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication”

Has been fixed? ** BUT I still have this error… **

So:

1 - We have recently setup a secound store with Magento - installed from the same original files and then upgraded it stage by stage as we had with the original site. Then together, we updated both stores to 1.3.2.2 to test and one works with GoogleBase and the other does not. Doh!
2 - We have matched up attributes the same and created seperate Google and Google Base accounts for each store too.
3 - Both Google Base Accounts were empty before attempting to add just 1 product to Google Base - one worked - one failed as above.
4 - Things like; condition is mapped to condition and the entries in the products both say; new (a previous thread pointed this out).
5 - All settings are the same in Magento Admin, ie; Account Type, Target Country and Update Google Base item when product is updated too.
6 - We have copied the core files from the working site to the non GB working site in: app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase - just to make sure too
7 - All caches have been refreshed
8 - The settings in Google Base Admin are very simple, again all compared…
9 - The Google Base account works if we manually add a tab file and ftp it, so we know the acocunt is good. However, we just want to use the Google Base API in Magento :(

And yet we still we get the Authentication Error above… Can anyone spot anything we may have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jc23

Total Posts:  12
Atlanta

anyone got a solution, i am having the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

Total Posts:  67

I am experiencing the same issue.  I am new to Magento and I can’r seem to find a definitive answer to this problem.  I’ve tried every fix, but none work.  And other posts seem to be simply open ended from some years back.  Can any one shed some light on this matter for me?  Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vptoys

Total Posts:  1

There is a possibility that your login attempts may have seen
suspicious.

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Magento Community
Magento Community

thinkagain99