Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems installing and upgrading

trigem

Total Posts:  17

I am testing with a 1.1.8 version installed on my local laptop, Windows Vista.

I am tryng to install some extensions and to upgrade the system to the new 1.2.1 release. I run the process: it dowloads the packages (i can see them in the pearlib/download folder). The process compltes without errors. I managed to clear cache and session deleting files in var subfolders.

When I get back to the admin, I see no changes. I wonder if it is just a system problem (Windows machine) or I am missing something more.

Thank you for your help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ksteele36

Total Posts:  26

I have the same problem with version 1.2.1.2..... I go to Magento Connect and choose a package to install, grab the key, install via browser, installation runs and shows successful install, but when I return to the admin area… I see nothing? So far, both the Rico Verticle Navigation and Bysoft Flash Navigator both show success and niether show in admin? Any Advice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

trigem

Total Posts:  17

My problem was a wrong absolute path in pear.ini file; this because the original installation was done on a different machine. There are no permission issues on Windows system, so files were copied on a different folder and the process didn’t throw any errors, but obviously nothing could work.

The solution was to delete that file to let the system regenerate it.

Note: I didn’t test it on that machine actually, so I can’t be totally sure about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ksteele36

Total Posts:  26

TY for that reply… I’ve renanmed the “pear.ini” file and will report back if this is successful

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community