Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SPIN product image

davabe

Total Posts:  1

Hi everybody!

I see this site (http://www.cult.co.uk) and i’m thinking: Can someone tell me if this SPIN effect is a script/application that i can download?The effect it’s awesome! I’m working on a Magento Clothing Shop and with this “"plugin"” it’s gonna be perfect!

Thanks in advance,
See you around

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CirTap

Total Posts:  30

Hi,
it’s made with flash: http://www.spinme.co.uk/

Have fun,
CirTap

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpinMe

Total Posts:  1

Hi everybody,

SpinMe is not a downloadable app as such. We have developed our own software for managing images and creating SWF files. We’ve been thinking about making our software available for purchase… all thoughts are welcome as to demand for this.

I hope I’m not stating the obvious here, but I wanted to mention that making 360 images requires more than just the software. On the photography side there’s a fair amount you need to setup with lighting and hardware. An automated rotating platform is really the only way to make this viable for a large number of products.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Hello Paul,
I have to say that this is something that we have thought about in the past, and would possibly consider if it was available for purchase. I am curious about the hardware that you use, though. We currently have a pretty decent photography department as far as lighting, cameras, strobes, reflectors, etc are concerned, but if you don’t mind, I was wondering if you could tell me what type of equipment you use? Are you using video or still to capture the image before swf conversion? If you’re using still, what type of rapid-fire mechanism are you using to capture the images? Other than a turntable, is there any other specialty piece we’d need? Like I said, we’ve never seriously looked into this before, but had tossed it around as a maybe, and are just looking into what additional equipment costs we’d need to incur. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community