Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

2 issues - 1.) Sort not working… 2.) Filters not showing up on some pages

iLenz

Total Posts:  10

Ok… If you goto my site www.discountsofttops.com you will quickly notice that price sorting is not working.  It just randomly places products in a different order than they currently are in.  Also, http://www.discountsofttops.com/softtop-hardware/jeep-wrangler-jk.html will show that position sorting is not working either (the numbers in the left column of the table is the position of the product, notice they are mostly out of order)

Next, on some of my pages, but not all, the filters do not show up in the layered navigation for configurable products.  If i make the simple associated products visible by “Catalog, Search” then I see the filters.  But that just defeates the purpose.  It’s not all my pages though.  It is somewhat random.

I am running the latest version of magento, just did a refresh reinstall with new database and imported all products thru dataflow.  Still did not solve the issue.  Refreshed layered navigation indicies, all cache.  Still, nothing.  Tried Rebuild search index (which throws an error every time (what does that actually do anyway?)).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iLenz

Is it just me then?  No one else on 1.2 having this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iLenz

after much research.  I think I’ve narrowed it down.

this method puts the products out of order.  Might want to take a look at it.  Whenever I call it it randomizes my product positions.

Mage::getSingleton('catalog/product_visibility')->addVisibleInCatalogFilterToCollection($products);

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community