Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Every time I attempt to install magento and get an error it takes 5 hours to delete and re-upload all the files.  I delete the database.  How can I at

worldnick

Total Posts:  2

Every time I attempt to install magento and get an error it takes 5 hours to delete and re-upload all the files.  I delete the database and attempt to re-install, but the installation process is now stuck in some looping error.  How can I attempt installing again without deleting every file on the server?  Magento is MASSIVE and takes many hours to even delete.  There must be a way. It seems like a huge waste of energy and time to have to delete 10,000 files and re-upload just to get one shot at making the database again.  I get an error. Too many redirects.  I’m on Godaddy and I think my problem is that the sql execution time was not long enough, but it takes me 5 hours in between installation attempts.  There must be a way to simply re-try installing after simply deleting the database.  There has to be.  Any help would save me hours.  Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

You can delete only the database and the file app/etc/local.xml. And you can clear the folder var/cache

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community