Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create a product that will link to 2 others? 

packetloss

Total Posts:  13

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading around about various different types of products and still a little unclear.

Basically what we want to do is a create a new product in our magento inventory that will be linked to two seperate sku’s.

Example,

Lets say in our inventory we have the following.

SKU 1150 - NINTENDO WII REMOTE - $15
SKU 1151 - NINTENDO WII NUNCHUK - $15

What we want is to create a new sku SKU 1152 and it will be NINTENDO WII REMOTE + NUNCHUK - $30

So when the customer is browsing on the front end they will see 3 products

NINTENDO WII REMOTE - $15
NINTENDO WII NUNCHUK - $15
NINTENDO WII REMOTE + NUCHUK - $30

So if the bundle sku is sold it will actually deduct 1 qty from the remote and the nunchuk

I’ve been reading about bundles and it seems that it is good if someone is buying a certain product but wants to add something to go with it for a discount.  For our case we just want to be able to showcase the two seperate products on their own or both of them together.  The bundled sku would just feed from the inventory from the other sku’s.  It would have a new picture of the two products together with its own price.

Is this possible?  If so how does the qty for the bundle work?  Does it just feed from the qty that are linked to it?

Any insight would be great.

thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Linking to other product pages from Magento’s wysiwyg editor is simple, but if you don’t know how to do it, you will get a few surprises.
The correct way to create a link is to wrap the url into a magento handler like this:
<a href="{{store url=’other product-page-url’}}">Product Page Title</a>

To link directly to the front page, simply leave the url empty.
<a href="{{store url=’’}}">Front Page</a>

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

packetloss

Thanks for the reply.  I am by no means in any way knowledgeable with inserting things or doing code. 

I just figured maybe there was an easier way to do it with a bundled product or something and have it link

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigFish1

Total Posts:  10

You are right - you should do it through Bundle Product.

When you associate the bundle products, make sure that you choose \"no\" for user defined quantity for both of the associated products.

It will pull from your existing products’ inventory.

You can also choose to set the price as dynamic and it will just add the prices of the two items or you can choose to set a discounted price.

I think this will accomplish what you are looking for.

Magento Community
Magento Community

packetloss

Thank you for the help.  So I sort of got it to work but when I create the bundled product it goes to out of stock.  So I am not sure how to set the qty of this SKU that i’ve created.  I’ve linked the 2 other products to it and i’ve defined it as NO for the bundled items.

Not sure where to go from here

Magento Community
Magento Community

packetloss

I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone knew of a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community