Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to change Checkout Customer Group

dabe

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, i’ve searched the forums and can’t find a thread related to what i’m trying to do.

Firstly this is going to be a UK based shop shipping world wide, so VAT = TAX.

We’re using the latest magento v1.2.1, the store is setup with the VAT rules as detailed in this post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6608/P30/. This is working perfectly however we have a further requirement that is the following:

If a customer enteres a valid UK VAT no they do not pay the VAT on the order. I have setup a customer group called ‘Retailer Zero Vat’ in addition to the ‘Retailer’ customer group and I have set the vat rules so that any customer in this group gets the Zero rated vat.

I have seen a post about how to allow the customer to select their customer group at the check out stage (for students / NUS discounts) which is exactly what we want, however when I clicked through the post it was blank, which sounds exactly like what we need

Any help would be very much appricated!

Also I have a bug in Magento when modifying the configuration to ‘Show VAT no on checkout’ to ‘optional’ this never gets saved, any clues?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community