Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping cart Only? 

naturesherbals

Total Posts:  2

I have a website that I do not want to CMS. Also I have a lot of content, so this Magento install will not be for the “website” I just want it to be the shopping cart.

Is this possible?

For example I have an index I don’t want prices or product info on. I want the customer to read through my website first.

Here is our current site: www.lpill.com
I want to move this OFF of Joomla (we don’t like it) and get it off the current cart.

Also we will be using this for new products and I want it to function the same way. Essentially all I want to do is put this in www.lpill.com/cart/ and then have my own order.php page where I can put the packages and form post into the cart for checkout.

Let me know if I am not being clear. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

malice95

Total Posts:  3

I too have this exact same need. Is it possible? Can it be done by building a theme?

I just need 1 page of 8 products (different sizes of the same product) to be managed by magento
and then the rest of the shopping cart. The rest of my site is static html or a wordpress blog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Try the Magento/Wordpress integration route.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community