Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Tax amount

rhino

Total Posts:  21

I have not made any changes to the default tax settings but I can’t get the cart to add tax to orders to CA zip codes. It is not how I set up products, because it doesn’t work with demo products either. The same products and zip code in the demo cart do calculate tax.

Any ideas?.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

rhino - if you check your site now it will calculate taxes for California. The cause for his is a known bug. In the tax rates page the ‘*’ is used as a wild card for any states or any zip-codes.

The bug is that when you edit the tax rate the value for the zip-codes has to be empty instead of the’*’ to set any zip-code, but as soon as you save the rate it puts the ‘*’ back there. The work around for now is to leave the zip code empty instead of the ‘*’ to set any zip code. we will fix this in future releases.

Thank you for testing Magento and please keep the questions coming.

Yoav

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community