Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting a paypal express error

onlinedeals2012

Total Posts:  14

Hi there,

I am trying to set up my site to work with paypal express, I got the API user name password and code, but I am still getting a “There was an error during communication with Paypal: Security error - Security header is not valid” message when I try to checkout.

Any help would be appreciated. I checked earlier posts, but could not find one where they had the api info.

Thanks
Reuven

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nasha

Total Posts:  138

Hi
@onlinedeal make sure that you are entering a valid paypal url e.g Use this url if you are in the US:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=commit&token;=

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradedemon

Total Posts:  7

Did you ever solve this problem ? I’m in a similar pickle.

In general how do you figure out the Paypal URL ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lukemcr

Total Posts:  15

I was able to solve this by following the advice everyone else gave - but also by making sure that the PayPal setting were for the Default Config in System > Configuration, not just Main Website.

Once I added the PayPal info to the Default Config section as well as Main Website, it started working.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community