Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
100% Custom Design with Magento Engine (Updated)

GosekMedia

Total Posts:  5
Toronto | Ontario

We have been working on this site for a while now. The site is 100% custom made,with cool features such as zoomify (a little better than original zoom tool), WordPress (blog) integration, dynamic/static Flash animations, and few more extras that are on the way.

We hope that the screen caps below will get you excited about the possibilities that Magento eCommerce can offer.

colouranddesign.com

Please DON’T SUBMIT ORDERS for free samples. The site is live and fully managed by the client.

Your comments and feedback is greatly appreaciated.

Simon Czarnecki
http://www.gosek.com

Image Attachments
site6.jpgsite4.jpgsite3.jpgsite2.jpgsite1.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GosekMedia

Toronto | Ontario

Once the project is finished, tested and live, I don’t see a problem sharing our improvments and findings with the community.

Screens bellow shows Wordpress inside our site (magento framework) & Wordpress stand-alone blog. Both are using the same blog post.

Simon C.

Image Attachments
wordpress1.jpgwordpress2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

wow it looks wonderfull. Its awesome…

If you share about WP it will be great!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hez

Total Posts:  103

Looks amazing - can’t wait to see the live version
Heather

Magento Community
Magento Community

webweaver

Total Posts:  13

This is simply gorgeous.  If it works as good as it looks… !!!!  This is exciting!

I’ve been working on a template that’s similar (but not nearly as beautiful and elegant as yours), so I’m thrilled to see this!

I am just so impressed.  Can’t wait to see it up and online for a test drive (but afraid I’d spend too much money… so enticing).

Thank you so much for sharing this and looking forward to more of the story.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GosekMedia

Toronto | Ontario

Thanks,
In fact, the intention of the site is to offer free samples to interior designers and provide them with easy way to browse through hundreds of products. At this time, we have not gone as far as taking payments or exchanging money.

We are in the final stage of testing, fine tuning and optimizing the site. Generally, we found Magento eCommerce to load slowly (browsing too). We are currently optimizing code, templates, css, back and front end to the max.

Simon,

Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto

Total Posts:  9

That’s really good design, Would you please sharing the template to us ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

question:
how are you getting the wordpress integration done?

is it an iframe? are you calling info from one database to the other? did you somehow tell magento to get just its cms portion from wordpress?

looks great, my hat is off to your coders and designers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thierry S.

Total Posts:  94
Paris

For my understanding Wordpress is not a multilingual blog system. There are two ways to have a multilangual wordpress, but I’m not here to discuss about this.

I have a few questions :
Are you running your shop only with 1 language ? if not could you please give us more details about your installation ?

Thanks in advance

I would prefer to have a complete article manager into the shop system. One admin website to manage everything products and articles.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moki

Total Posts:  18

I’ve got to say… absolutely beautiful.  Your screenshots and implementation of Wordpress alone has me sold on using Magento for my upcoming eCommerce project.  Thank you, my search ends here.

Would love to learn about how you implemented Wordpress if you care to share once your site is live.

Well done!

Magento Community
Magento Community

GosekMedia

Toronto | Ontario

Thank You for your feedback.
Wordpress is integrated through RSS feed and managed on the front end via Flash application we developed to read and display recent posts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

karynn

Total Posts:  70

Thanks for sharing your beautiful site with the community. To that end, could you please explain the RSS integration piece (at least)?

Thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

It’s very nice. I would suggest to pause the slide show on main page when you have a mouse over it. Otherwise it’s too fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

WordPress integration is ace. Defo be great if you can share the stuff to make that possible. nice site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moki

Total Posts:  18

gosek - care to share how you integrated Zoomify?  How do you get the Zoomify folders on the server?  Do you just upload them via FTP or have you figured out a way to do so within the Magento back-end?  Nice work.
-moki

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

An amazingly beautiful site !!!

QUESTION: - If you were able to successfully integrate Magento with WordPress . . . 
how difficult to you think it would bee to integrate Magento with Joomla CMS ??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2