Magento Forum

horizontal scrollbar occurs in admin area, safari only

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

This occurred in the first beta release and now the 7.15480, it’s still there - I didn’t want to bring it up in the first release because it seems a far less problem compare with many other features and bugs you want to add/fix. I can get away with this by using Firefox and Opera instead, but today I realized the issue has to be fixed because the end-users (the site owners) maybe using Safari to access the admin.

No scrollbar in these pages at 930px :
1) Dashboard
2) Catalog: manage categories,
3) Promotions: Catalog Price Rules, Shopcart Products
4) All pages under Reports, system
5) System: My account; Tools > Backups Control; Design; Permissions; Extensions > Locally installed, custom local, PEAR Configuration; Cache Management; Configurations.

Image Attachments
1.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

Aye, I’ve noticed this too and just use Firefox for the Admin areas, I’m on Mac OSX btw.

From a purely resource/business point of view, I can understand this though, and see it an aweful lot, not specifically talking about Magento, but throughout the whole internet with numerous websites/applications. With Safari having less than 2% of the browser market right now, it’s hardly making it onto developers “must have” lists… :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Mac has a bigger market share in the US. I think it’s safe to say most average Mac users use Safari as default, just like Windows users use IE.

All my friends and clients who use Mac, use Safari. I use Safari for web browsing too because it loads faster than FF smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community