Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How To Authenticate for Yahoo Site Explorer and Google Webmaster Tools

ConvenientGadgets

Total Posts:  78

Both of these sites offer either Meta Tag verification or HTML file in the root directory. We have configured two stores in Magento and I’m not clear how to add a new meta tag for each site. I thought I should create a new config.xml in the app/design/frontend… but I could not find the config.xml file along that file path. Then I tried to put the HTML file in the root directory but when I try to go to the store url/yahoofilename.html it gives me a 404. What technically is the root directory? Also, any suggestions on how to have custom meta tag entries for the two stores?

Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fivestar

Total Posts:  115

create a <head> section in your root index.php (magento base folder), and add your meta tag there. Once you’ve successfully verified your site on Goohoo, remove the head tags.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

for Google go to system - configuration - google api

enable google analytics & insert your account #

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community