Magento Forum

CSV Import Problem - No pictures or Custom Options

CD Salmons

Total Posts:  6

I have been reading import posts for days now, and I hope someone can help me. I have tried the general information about making a template, where to put the pictures, etc. but I still can not import pictures, and other feilds are not importing either. I have a personalization company, so their are custom options for all of my products which allow customers to input names, colors, and other options.

When I import, no pictures are linked to the products, and the custom options tab is blank. I am using a “export all products” CSV as a template, which was made of the same kind of items. (I have been uploading them by hand)

I am using Excel 2003, so it may not be saving the file right. The import profile page says, CSV / Tab Seperated, but word saves it as CSV / Comma Dil. I don’t know if that could be an issue, but thought I would mention it. Maybe their are settings somewhere that are not right, or I am overseeing something. I am sure it is something simple, but I have found it takes alot of complicated work sometimes, to find the simple solution with Magento. I thank anyone who can give me some idea’s, or atleast point me in the right direction. I have version 1.2.1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community