Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Include Relevant CMS Pages in Search Results

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Rather than looking around, a lot of visitors seem to be using search to find delivery info, returns policy, privacy statements, basically any answer to a question not directly to do with a product. On top of that, we have quite an extensive FAQ which we’d like to be searchable.

It would be nice if we can tell the search to include CMS pages. Results with snippets could simply be integrated in and amongst the products in the results grid, perhaps with a JS toggle to only show products or info pages.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tanolalano

Total Posts:  31
Italy - Ferrara

I Agree with JT.
People search for delivery issue ecc… not only for products.
CMS Pages in Search Results Is a feature that is very usefull.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Herve Guetin

Total Posts:  216
Lyon, FR

Up on this too smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshq3i

Total Posts:  16

Yes, this is a very important feature that magento lacks.  I see people searching the site for terms that would show them results from a CMS page, but instead they get no results, how frustrating that must be!

Please improve the CMS feature set Magento!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

I’d also be glad to see CMS content in the search index.  Starting to get clients with similar issues to those described above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

As an interim solution for common search requests against CMS pages (contact, faq, how do i, delivery issue, etc) you could use Magento’s search result definition in Admin to auto direct the user to the URL of your choice when a user searches for that particular word or phrase.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

skippybosco - 12 March 2009 10:04 PM

As an interim solution for common search requests against CMS pages (contact, faq, how do i, delivery issue, etc) you could use Magento’s search result definition in Admin to auto direct the user to the URL of your choice when a user searches for that particular word or phrase.

Hey, that’s a really neat feature - that I completely overlooked.  Thanks for the tip off!
Cheers,
Ross.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zmove
Guru

Total Posts:  317

/agree

I don’t understand why the search engine restrict the results only for products.

You should be able to choose what you want to able in search. The best way would probably be to add an “search engine” sets of options in the admin pannel in which you choose what content you want to index in the search engine.

By default you would have :
- Products (It would be good to have an option per attributes group to have a better granularity in options)
- CMS pages
- Static block
- Maybe more. It would be cool to provide an API for others extensions that would add some new content types (I think about the Lazymonk Blog extension for example). Like that they could add their content type in the search engine with a small API call.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kneemahp

Total Posts:  116

I’m starting to build mysite’s content through the CMS and i would love to let my customers perform a search as my content grows.

has there been any progress with adding cms to the search results?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tangkoko

Total Posts:  75
France

We can try the new CMS Search extension : http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1218/tangkoko--fidesio-cms-search

Edited on July 2012.
Try our CMS Search PRO extension which allows to search in cms pages, category pages. More : http://store.tangkoko.com/en/cms-search-pro-magento-extension.html/

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Thanks Tangkoko, saw that on the Modules RSS this morning and it made my day.

Do you have a demo running somewhere so we can see how the in and output is handled?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie_Leo

Total Posts:  14

Hello,

I would be interested in the search indexing cms pages also for later retrieval by customers. I actually assumed it would have done that out of the box already.

Does anybody know if this is an upcoming feature?

Regards

Leo

Magento Community
Magento Community

tangkoko

France

The CMS Search extension indexes CMS pages content.
Like the built-in product search engine, you can choose to use “like search” mode, “fulltext search” mode or both.

Try our CMS Search PRO extension which allows to search in cms pages, category pages (including static blocks). More :  CMS Search Pro for Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie_Leo

Total Posts:  14

tangkoko - 29 April 2009 03:49 AM

The CMS Search extension indexes CMS pages content.
Like the built-in product search engine, you can choose to use “like search” mode, “fulltext search” mode or both.

Thanks Tangkoko for your reply, however your extension has a status of alpha only? I would prefer to only use a production ready extension or obviously a change made by varien.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tangkoko

France

Hi,
Cms Search extension is now in beta.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Does this extension search categories? I really need the search to pull in the meta keywords/descriptions from my category pages.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2