Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different clickable attribute lists on different categories

MToscan

Total Posts:  21

I am not sure if this kind of feature is already available.
I have an e-store that sells both shirts, dvds, cds, vinyl records etc.
Each category of products has a different list of attributes
i.e.:
DVDs have director, actors, zone
Cds have band, label, country
vinyl recods have band, label, country and “conditions”

each of this attributes might be multiple
i.e.
DVDs actors might be a list: “The Godfather” might have “marlon brando, al pacino, freddy krueger”.
If i click on “marlon brando” I’d like to have a list of DVDs that feature Marlon Brando as an actor.
Moreover some attributes might be common on more categories: band is in both vinyl records AND Cds AND DVDs.
By clicking on the name of the band I’d like to have a list of all the Cds AND vunyl records AND DVDs featured by the band.

Does it already work this way? I didn’t understand sorry, I am a bit slow smile

Of course this is different than simply putting a meta tag attached to a product. I could attach the tag “mafia” to “The Godfather” DVD and “Al Capone” Cds… that’s another story.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community