Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

custom menus

crossbow

Total Posts:  5
Greece

I’m new to magento and I still haven’t figured out how to modify it (or how to use it to be honest), so any help or suggestions to the right direction would be appreciated.

I want to create basically two kinds of different menus. The main navigation at the top will stay put, but I also want to create:

1. a menu on the left with certain subcategories.

For example I have the categories:

Home furniture
-- Tables
---- Dinning tables
---- Side tables

In the main navigation I have only “Home furniture” and its subcategory “Tables” appearing. I want, when someone clicks on “tables”,in the new page, to get a menu on the left, that shows the subcategories “dinning tables” and “side tables”. The main navigation at the top will stay there.

2. I want to create a block with a menu to cms pages. I don’t really mind if the links are populated dynamically (I think I would prefer not to).

The problem is that I want both these menus to expand like suckerfish or something similar (like the main navigation does). 

I’m attaching a couple of images just to make it clearer.
Is it possible?

Image Attachments
block-menu-cms.jpgside-menu.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community