Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

need help with drop down box

cleshean

Total Posts:  4

Hi I’m learning how Magento works. So bear with me. Here’s what I would like to do. I have one product that covers several manufacturers. What I would like to see on the frontend for this product is when looking at the product. I would like to have a dropdown with a list of manufacturers. But before selecting the manufacturer from the dropdown. No other info will be on the page until a manufacturer has been selected. After the manufacturer has been selected then addition dropdowns will appear. How do I achieve this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

I think you can do this with a bit of custom javascript, there is nothing off the shelf that i am aware of that will help you with this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cleshean

Total Posts:  4

How about this then.  I have 1 product, 4 manufacturers and 8 manufacture models. Each manufacture has 2 models. How can i setup attributes with dropdowns so that when the manufacturer is selected the correct model of the product model will appear in the next drop down? I\’ve attached a pictures with a bubble diagram. thanks

Image Attachments
dropdown.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community