Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Restrictions of Magento Go? 

simonsays1979

Total Posts:  2

Hi Guys,

I’m new here and have been trying to establish the essential differences between the variou versions of Magento.

Go seems to offer a lot of nice features e.g. discount codes but what functionality can be added to CE or EE that cannot be added to Go and if you start of with Magento Go, how hard is it to upgrade to enterprise or community if more expandability is required at a later date.

I found this quite useful but It didn’t really talk much about Go, more the differences between CE and EE. http://prezi.com/ivxv--qd9lco/magento-go-vs-community-vs-enterprise/

If you ran a online store and received circa 6,000 monthly U/Visitors and approx 300 orders per month would CE or EE be overkill or is the choice more about the features required.

If this has been asked before apologies I did try search and couldn’t find a clear answer.

Thanks

Simon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesbing

Total Posts:  6

hello! this is actually a common question but it is difficult to answer it in one forum thread. I recommend you to read the comparison of Magento CE vs Magento Go which will make the difference clear. And also the feature comparison of three editions may be helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simonsays1979

Total Posts:  2

Hey thanks for that, useful reading

In the blog post it seems to imply that Go doesn’t do mobile commerce yet the feature list clearly ticks mobile commerce for Go. Also does anyone know if all the features that are unticked for CE, these are presumably available as paid for extensions?

Finally, just wondering are all the Magento extensions in Connect store compatible with Go or only a small percentage?

Cheers

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community