Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

replace product image with mp3 sample

fastrack

Total Posts:  56

hello,
I’m wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
I’m selling mp3s on my site, actually hi rez. audio, but with mp3 samples. I need for the customer to be able to quickly audition samples from categories and from search results, as well as from the wish list and the cart. I don’t want them to have to go to the individual product page in order to hear the sample. Is it possible to replace the product image (which appears in all of these places) with an <embed> tag or something that would link to an uploaded mp3 file, so that the mp3 would follow the product throughout the site. does anyone have any pointers or better ideas. I’m a little over my head and would appreciate the help.
I’d be willing to pay for someone to get this working for me if it’s too complex for me.
many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community