Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the logo alternative text? 

chal

Total Posts:  20

I’ve been searching here and there for quite a while now, but I don’t seem to be able to find an answer.

Maybe one of you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Total Posts:  72

To replace the logo text in admin goto system/configuration/general/design and look for the section called header and change where it says Logo Image Alt.

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

chal

Total Posts:  20

Thanks a lot!

And I was trying to find the answer in the bowels of the source files.  tongue rolleye

Magento Community
Magento Community

simone1980

Total Posts:  5

I am struggling with the same problem. I am a new user of Magento and am trying to get the webshop up and running. I have installed the classic theme but would like to change the words ‘ Magento Classic’ into the name of our webshop without changing the theme (header). I have done the above but it doesn’t show… can you help?
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Simone, if you have done the above, make sure that you have selected the right website scope in the dropdown in the upper left hand corner before you modify the alt text.

Also, you need to disable your cache (you can do this in system->cache management) before changes you make to the website will show up in a timely fashion.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community