Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Getting error :  Expected response code 200, got 404 after upgrade

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Nick Rigby - 10 March 2009 04:46 AM

I had the same problem, which I realised was only happening with products that were also on Google Base. You can get rid of the error by going into System -> Configuration -> Google API -> Google Base and set “Update Google Base item when product is updated” to “No”

Thanks for suggestion… doesn’t make any difference for me :-(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I now get this too on Google Base. Tried the trick but no go. I’m on 1.3.1.1 and trying to tick a product under “Google Base Items” and choose Action Publish.

Anyone getting any luck with Google Base on the latest version? Not been able to get any products on Google Base (UK).

Should add that I have a multi-store setup and that all items under “Google Base Items” show an expiry date of 30 Nov 00-1 -1:00:00 - Yes, the year shows as 00-1 whatever that may mean.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EmJaInteractive

Total Posts:  121
Charlotte, NC USA

I got some items in Google Base and some are publishing fine, others when I try to publish I get this error:

“expected response code 200, got 404. Type: request. Reason: Cannot find item. “

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Total Posts:  137
Houston

I do not think this is an actual error. I think it means that the items are not found in your g/Merchant account so you cannot edit them via the Magento back-end. Try loogging into your g/Merchant account and see if that is the case.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2