Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“1” appears next to all products in category views in “list” mode

srmobile

Total Posts:  276

This is an interesting one.

I have a rogue # 1 next to all my products when browsing category views in “list” mode.  (See attached image) They do not appear in “grid” mode.

I’ve checked all my view.phtml, list.phtml (on both templates) for any “1” and even tried to change templates yet it still appears.

When I use firebug for firefox, I see it with the code:

<class="product-image" title=" WORKCENTRE 6505DN COLOR LASER MFP, PRINT/COPY/SCAN/FAX/EMAIL, UP TO 24PPM, LETTE" href="http://www.mysite.ca/shop/printers/mfc/workcentre-6505dn-color-laser-mfp-print-copy-scan-fax-email-up-to-24ppm-lette.html">
<
div class="product-shop">
<
div class="f-fix">
<
h2 class="product-name">
<
div class="price-box">
<
p>
<
div class="desc std">
<class="link-learn" title=" WORKCENTRE 6505DN COLOR LASER MFP, PRINT/COPY/SCAN/FAX/EMAIL, UP TO 24PPM, LETTE" href="http://www.mysite.com/shop/printers/mfc/workcentre-6505dn-color-laser-mfp-print-copy-scan-fax-email-up-to-24ppm-lette.html">Learn More</a>
</
div>
<
ul class="add-to-links">
</
div>

But I have no idea where to find that.

Much appreciated!

SR

Image Attachments
number1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

BUMP

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zurd

Total Posts:  31

That’s a good one, I’d log into SSH and in your web folder do a
grep -Hr “<a class=\"link-learn" *

that will find all the files with the text, then I’d open each of them, there has to be a 1 in there somewhere

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Thanks for that Zurd, that grep command is pretty powerful!

Unfortunately, I have still been unable to locate the rogue character. I have searched for each reference and still nothing.

However, I did find if I removed the following code from my list.phtml file, that it disappears a long with it:

<div class=\"desc std\">

<?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_product->getShortDescription(), \'short_description\'?>

<a href=\"<?php echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>\" title=\"<?php echo $_productNameStripped ?>\" class=\"link-learn\"><?php echo $this->__(\'\'?></a>
                    </
div>

If I leave either line of code between the <div class=\"desc std\” and {/div>] the # 1 returns.......

Could it be pulling it from my database?

Is it possible that a css file could have this effect somehow?

I\’ve checked every entry associated with desc std and can\’t find anything.

Thanks!

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zurd

yes it can be in your css file, that’s a good idea, install firebug in firefox, right-click the 1 and choose ‘inspect element with firebug’ or check your css file.

I have this for one of my website :
ol > li:before { content: “\21d2

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Interesting, I guess I’ll try digging out some of those character codes… It’s driving me crazy! 

It is being displayed as an actual number 1 and not an image.  Here is a print screen in firefox /w firebug.

I may just end up modifying the view altogether but I shouldn’t have to resort to that.....

Thanks!

SR

Image Attachments
1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zurd

What is written in the Short Description of your product ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

I think your onto something there!

The descriptions are blank when I click on the products, but in the back-end and Store Manager for Magento the short descriptions are appearing..... Has to be a problem with my database......

All the usual checks are fine on my db (indexer.php and db-repair tool), there is an issue I raised in another thread about pricing not being reflected so I’m guessing this is all related.

Not sure where I’m going to go from here.  :S

Thank for your help!

SR

EDIT: The problem was because I am using an ICECAT module that is over ridding my database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laazioo

Total Posts:  3

srmobile - 22 March 2013 12:46 PM

I think your onto something there!

The descriptions are blank when I click on the products, but in the back-end and Store Manager for Magento the short descriptions are appearing..... Has to be a problem with my database......

All the usual checks are fine on my db (indexer.php and db-repair tool), there is an issue I raised in another thread about pricing not being reflected so I’m guessing this is all related.

Not sure where I’m going to go from here.  :S

Thank for your help!

SR

EDIT: The problem was because I am using an ICECAT module that is over ridding my database.

Hi,

Did you just stop using icecat module or how did you solve this? I have this problem also with products that is not found from icecat.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Hello laazioo,

I am in touch with people at ICECAT Live, they have acknowledged the bug and have informed me that there is a new release due out next week that will take care of this and other issues.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

laazioo

Total Posts:  3

Thank you for information srmobile!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community